Oh! I almost forgot! The most amazing thing happened to me last Tuesday… I was given my first ever blog award! Not just any award, either, but probably the coolest most sought after award… ever. Seriously, any award that merges my three favourite things in the world (i.e. Zombies, Chickens (mmm), and presents) has to be the best award created and thus I can rest easy knowing that if I don’t win any more awards in my blogging career at least I won the best one. Introducing the Zombie Chicken Award:
“The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken – excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all…”
Seriously, how did Bridget know that I have indeed prepared at length for a zombie apocalypse? That shiz could totally go down. The Zombie disease being passed to us from chickens? Well, what with the swine flu on everyone’s mind it’s not much of a leap to imagine zombie chickens. Am I right or am I right?! Anyway thanks be to Bridget for making me all happy and humbled to receive my very first award. You rock my world so hard. Also, visit/follow/stalk her blog immediately because it is already one of the blogs that I would totally fight through masses of zombie chickens (and people!) to get to. If Yellaphant was stuck on the top of a neighboring building surrounded by zombie chickens I would TOTALLY stage a rescue mission to collect it. Because, that’s how I roll. Ah! But who ELSE would you save? I hear you asking (apparently, I also read minds). Good question. I hereby award the following five blogs with the Zombie Chicken Award because they are blogs that I will refresh my google reader for hours in hope of finding a new post and I would also clearly kick zombie ass for their delicious words:
1) Eric @ My Heart’s Porch: Ok, so you could probably fend for yourself should these zombie chickens attack what with your hunting skills and collection of various weaponry but, just in case, I got your back.
2) Laurie @ Your Ill-Fitting Overcoat: Brilliant writer, interesting life, possible blog soul mate? Only time will tell. Your blog would be safe from harm, I promise.
3) Seb @ Mr. Seb: Hm. Now, we all know that Sebastien wouldn’t need my help during the apocalypse what with an entire girl army of followers at his disposal… but, still, there ya have it.
4) Scribbler @ Experimental Story Time: A new addiction of mine. Short but sweet writings. I haven’t yet determined if my help would be needed here in the event of an apocalypse.
5) Ambles @ Confessions of a Weirdo: Quirky, dirty minded, imaginative, and silly. Yes, Ambles would definitely have to be saved but I would be sure to send a strapping young man in my place in order to fulfill some zombie sex fantasy I’m sure she has…
There! Whew. Graciously accepting awards while simultaneously saving the world is hard work. You’re welcome.